Building blocks for Strategic Execution: How do you break this down and make it doable?
Consider first that the building blocks for strategic execution are projects, those activities put in place alongside regular operations to achieve specific goals. New businesses, products, services, channels and markets are created through project-based work.
When grouped together, closely related projects are referred to as a program. In turn, the overall set of programs is your company’s portfolio, the strategies in which your company is choosing to invest. Successful strategic execution requires tightly aligning the project portfolio to the corporate strategy.
Converting Strategy Into Action:
- Understanding the methodology for strategic execution that incorporates a full range of proven approaches and emerging concepts to align project initiatives with strategic objectives.
Executing Complex Programs:
- Explore predictive versus empirical strategies for managing complex programs that ensure results from senior management, key stakeholders, and project teams internal and external to the organization.
Leadership for Strategic Execution:
- Explore the key leadership challenges facing those responsible for executing their company's strategies through organizational change and portfolio, program, and project implementation.
Adaptive Execution of Strategy:
Gain insights into applying new and existing frameworks, work practices, and processes that enable innovative program and project management execution - from traditional to agile and everything in between.
Managing Without Authority:
- Acquire the skill to get people to work together more effectively, negotiate priorities, and resolve performance problems in a project-based environment.
Mastering the Project Portfolio:
- Learn how to ensure that project work and assigned resources consistently contribute to the realization of business strategies.
The Strategic PMO: Projects to Corporate-Wide:
- Define, implement and manage the ideal project management support function for your organization. Discuss the impact of PMO's on strategy implementation.
The Five Characteristics of Project Risk
Learn tools and techniques for analysing, tracking and mitigating the broad range of risks and uncertainty inherent in the leading and managing of complex initiatives.